CPA who started career with the Big 4 and since has become a successful Financial Manager working in industries including Manufacturing, Distribution and Technology. A strong fit for the $50 to $100 Million dollar business that needs a hands on Controller capable of guiding the company as it grows. Proven expertise in developing and implementing creative financial solutions that enhance and grow bottom line results. Strong emphasis on cost control, strategic planning, internal/external reporting and change management.
- Responsible for finance, information technology, sales administration, cost accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll. Managed a staff of 15 employees. Provided leadership in the development of strategic business plans for four business units and in the development of the IT infrastructure to monitor company performance.
- Managed $1 million project to implement Business Intelligence (BI) system. Designed BI dashboards that provided daily views of 20 key measurements for 12 business attributes.
- Achieved 20% increase in customer profit margin through the development of analytic tools that isolated customer purchase patterns.
Software: Excel, MS Query, Pivot Tables, Word and Access, Microsoft Performance Point Business Intelligence software and dashboard development, Lawson, Syspro, Dataflow and QuickBooks. $98 K
#2) Staff Accountant – CPA
CPA, Masters in Accounting from UGA (GPA – 3.57) and 1.5 year’s of public accounting experience with a regional firm. Experience is blended between Audit, Tax and some Client Accounting across a variety of industries.
- Prepare corporate, individual, sales and payroll tax returns
- Proficient in using Caseware, Thomson Reuters Creative Solutions Professional Suite, and Ultra Tax
- Audited clients in the construction and retail industry
- Software: Proficient in using Caseware, Thomson Reuters Creative Solutions Professional Suite, and Ultra Tax and Microsoft Office. $45 K
#3) Construction Accountant
BBA in Accounting and four year’s of Construction Industry Accounting experience with only one company that operates multiple divisions in the US as well as internationally. Promoted rapidly with a steady increase in accounting responsibilities.
Create lump sum and GMP bills for clients with Timberline software. Prepare financial reports for current projects.
Manage Billing, Job cost, A/P & A/R on projects. Prepare audit reconciliations monthly on projects.
Assist Project Managers in management of contracts. Worked closely with vendors & clients to ensure payments were processed efficiently
Notable: Assist in establishing and implementing accounting and billing processes. $48 K
#4) Staff Accountant
BBA in Accounting from Georgia State University with four year’s of Corporate level accounting experience at only one company in the Engineering industry. Showed upward growth in experience and responsibility from intern to staff accountant in multi-employee (20 persons) accounting department. Management of special projects as assigned by Controller requiring exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- General Ledger team responsible for month-end close, journal entries, and reconciliation of key accounts including bank reconciliation
- Calculation and processing (including reconciling, updating, and accruals) of commissions on 250 active projects
- Calculate, record, and allocate all payroll accruals including monthly and annualized reconciliation for 1,100 employees in multiple locations.
Software knowledge: Microsoft Dynamics SL, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access, Management Report Writer, Sales Force (CRM) $45 K
#5) Project Accountant – Deltek Vision
BBA in Finance (GPA 3.8) with two year’s of project accounting and billing experience for a leading Architectural firm. Responsibilities include handling monthly billing for different departments, monthly bank statement reconciliation, entering invoices, entering employee expense reports, entering employee timesheets and handling any invoice discrepancies.
- Bill end of month and mid-month between four departments for over $700,000
- Properly setup projects based on proposals in Deltek
- Enter both overhead invoices and over 50 consultant invoices monthly
Computer Skills: Deltek Vision, JDA, SMART, AS400, pivot tables, proficient in Microsoft Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. $47 K
#6) Senior Tax Accountant – Corporate
CPA, Masters of Taxation and three year’s of Tax experience, currently with one of the largest CPA firms in the country. Client industries include Manufacturing, Technology, Service, Retail and
Distribution in the $50 Million to $1 Billion plus revenue range. Interested in Corporate Tax Positions in and around Atlanta.
- Review of corporate tax returns for federal and state. Preparation of estimate and extension calculations
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
Notable: ASC 740 experience: Preparation and commentary review of annual and interim income tax provision public and nonpublic companies. Experience with Onesource tax provision software. $75 K
#7) Senior Cost Accountant
BBA in Accounting, MBA in Corporate Finance (3.86 GPA) and five year’s of Plant and Corporate Manufacturing industry experience with companies ranging from $60 Million to $1 Billion plus in revenues.
- Software includes SAP, JD Edwards and Access. Known for taking initiative to improve processes and create procedures.
- Updated outdated bill of materials and routings to increase accuracy, Initiated new scrap processes for increased accuracy
- Organized and ran monthly cycle counts and quarterly inventories for two plants
- Assisted VP of Finance in all major decision making in regards to cost.
- Chaired and oversaw the Conversion to JD Edwards and RF Smart software
Notable: Created new reporting documents to increase visability to upper management. $70 K
#8) Junior Accountant
Sharp up and coming accountant with five year’s of accounting support experience working towards completion of BBA degree in 2016. Industry experience includes Commercial Real Estate and Financial Services.
- Approve A/P invoices, Process bank reconciliations
- Serve as resource to Controller and Accountants providing assistance as needed.
- Review CAM Recs and process commissions
Software: Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Yardi Voyager, MRI, Nexus, Rent Manager, AvidXchange. $39 K
#9) Senior Financial Analyst
BS in Accounting with 15 year’s of experience as a Financial Analyst including nine year’s with KPMG. Achieved year over year revenue and profit growth with a team of 69 employees with $50M in revenue to 260 employees with $238M in revenue within 4 years. Experience in Great Plains, Excel (Pivot tables & vlookups), PowerPoint & Word
- Responsible for providing reporting and analysis to support senior management in decision-making and was an integral part in achieving revenue and profit growth objectives.
- Generated and continually improved weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reports and budget to actual variance analysis of key business drivers.
- Assisted in budgeting process and rolling forecast. Provided support to sales leadership in revenue forecasting, pipeline analysis, and sales modeling
Software: Experience in Great Plains, Excel (Pivot tables & vlookups), PowerPoint & Word. $80 K
#10) Accounting / Office Manager
BS in Accounting and MBA with 20 year’s of experience in small business environments including professional services, construction, and Education industries. Excellent job stability and exceptional organizational skills.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts for financial statement preparation and reporting. Prepare month and year end close
- Assist with purchasing, receiving and general inventory maintenance.
- Process payroll, employee pay adjustments and payroll tax reporting. Responsible for human resources including benefits renewals, new hire setup, workers compensation and audit.
- Notable: Implemented software change from Southware to Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions with Advanced Inventory. $53 K